Pages

August 7, 2007

Powerpoint is Evil!

Or whatever slideshow program. I had to sit through two two-hour "meetings" today. The first had slides that were dense with text. Bad. I'm not reading all that. The second one handed out photocopies of the slides, then the presentors proceeded to read the slides to us! Since I'm a grown up and can read, I left this "meeting" early. To be fair, these people are good at their jobs and their job is not "professional presenter," but I hope this is something we can all work on.

For a good example of how to use slides during a talk, checkout the Inbox Zero talk Merlin Mann gave at Google. It can be found on his 43folders.com site. It's also an excellent method of dealing with the madness of email. Remember, the video is long but you only need to watch the first thrirty minutes.