Pages

October 16, 2007

My Favorite Timer



I still use my little digital kitchen timer for specific tasks and testing, but I'm just too ADD to be able to keep track of time the way a resource teacher needs to. I have six classes, plus a short remedial group, every day. I was setting that timer over and over again. This is called the Classroom Scheduler and I got it at Classroom Direct. It lights up and beeps. It took about 30 minutes to figure out how to program this thing, but so far it's been great. The beep is a very low tone. At first I was worried I wouldn't hear it, but now I'm happy that it doesn't really interrupt. It just keeps doing a low beep until you hit the orange button to stop it. I set it for a few minutes before the kids leave so now there's no rush to clean up and get out before the next class arrives.