April 19, 2009

Harper's Clubhouse


In a previous post, I ranted about the difficulties of building a playhouse "kit" we bought for my daughter's 6th birthday. Well it's mostly finished now, so I thought I'd share since some of you have asked. Here she is inviting you in. Yes, it's huge. 8x8 square on the floor. 9' high at the tip. Real windows, shingles, flower boxes, etc. The front door is small, but as you can barely see there is a regular-sized adult door in the back.

There are still some touch ups to do, but she's been "moved in" for about a week now and we're all happy with it. One cool thing is that I can hang out there with her and my laptop and still get wireless internet. Sweet!

8 comments:

doug0077 said...

Ninja,

You are one good dad! In about 20 years you'll wish you had done even more projects like this.

But leave the laptop in the big house ;-)

Doug

Kathy said...

I am SO impressed - my kids would have LOVED something like that (even my sons!) Now that I have one teenager, one tween and one wanna be (age 8) I would love a little clubhouse to get away from THEM!!

Teacherninja said...

Doug,

I'll do whatever she wants--she's a sweetie. And no, I won't take the laptop out there anymore. It would interfere with our tea parties!

Kathy,

Don't be too impressed--I had help from some good friends and neighbors. But my wife tells me that when our daughter outgrows it I can use it as a writing spot. Might need to change the color scheme though.

Thanks guys!

S said...

Beautiful! My girls are jealous :)

Teacherninja said...

S, Thanks! It's part of our strategy to cut down on frivolous gifts. We get friends/family to chip in if they want and do something nicer than the usual. But after this and the playscape, I think the backyard and my back are finished with this kind of thing. We'll have to get more creative in the future, I guess...

C. B. James said...

That is so cool. I'm very impressed.

Teacherninja said...

Thanks CB!

Angela said...

A clubhouse with wireless access? I am SO jealous...