November 20, 2009

Roundup of Awesome Stuff


My Wonderful World is a fantastic site put out by National Geographic to give us parents and teachers better geography resources. Pass it on.

The Book Whisperer has a post on a great use on a Ning in a classroom. Ironically, Ning.com is blocked in my district. Oh, well. Maybe you can try it.

Awful Library Books was on TV recently and now I have another fun blog to follow.

I also just discovered The Moth podcast. Perfect for my commute. Now I have another podcast I can't get enough of!

5 comments:

Boeser said...

I want to be a teacher ninja!

Tricia said...

I love the Moth podcast. The storytellers are amazing and fun.

Cathy Nelson said...

Teacher Ninja-- Awful Library Books is cracking me up, especially in light of my recent weeding project at my new post. I have over 8000 books (from a total of 22,000)that Ive identified as possibly needing to go. The sites are great. Thanks for adding to my already too full reader and podcast list. I guess it's time to weed them too, but Teacher Ninja DEFINITELY stays.

Teacherninja said...

Tricia: it's been great so far, thanks!

Cathy: It's a great argument for weeding, that's for dang sure. Hope you're feeling better!

skepticdad said...

Moth - seconded!

Radiolab too!