February 14, 2010

Chocolate & Roses: Chemistry!



Here's a fun explanation of the chemistry of chocolate & roses from The Professor including a little relationship advice at the end. It's from last year. I love The Periodic Table of Videos channel, although I'm way behind. Hope to catch up this summer. Have a great holiday! (My wife sure did. This week was a rough one so this busy mom, and this busy mom, showered her with gifts and food and all kinds of help to get her through the week. It was very appreciated. Thanks, moms!

This week my daughter has been re-reading:



Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime. The funniest bit is that the big mushy gushy "valentime" comes from [spoiler alert!] a surprise secret admirer: That Meanie Jim!







and I got her this literary gem for her gift:





She's a fan of Tedd Arnold's Fly Guy series, so she devoured this before she finished her breakfast!

6 comments:

klonghall said...

Hey, it was a win-win. I'm still riding high after seeing her smiling face when I handed her that lunch on Thurs. We appreciate all she does for our son in her class. A surprise lunch once in a while is but a small thing in comparsion. 'Glad your "invisible friends" are coming through for her!

Jim said...

klonghall,

It's just great to know you guys have her back. She calls you her "subversive room mom" because, well, you step in when it's needed. She was so pleased with the lunches and shared dessert with us at home. That candygram stuff about fried her, so it was a welcome relief. Thank you thank you thank you...

klonghall said...

Oooh, I like that title, "Subversive Room Mom"! I try to "reign in the crazy" when I can. I feel like I have a unique perspective as a former classroom teacher, so I try to help other room moms see both sides when they plan parties, etc.

Jim said...

Oh, crap, I thought that you guys were aware of her nickname for you. Now I'll be in trouble! Well, you're awesome and she's lucky to have you.

tom said...

My kids got books for Valentine's Day, too. Book three of the Percy Jackson series for my 7th grader, and "Ninth Grade Slays" for my 4th grader. (That does seem a little backward, now that I write that, but those are the series they are each interested in right now.)

Jim said...

tom,

Good on you! Glad they're enjoying them. Thanks.