Pages

May 30, 2010

Sunday Reading

I don't have much to say this week.  I'm too mesmerized and horrified by the constant flow of oil shown in the sidebar.  I'm also spending the weekend decompressing from the last week of school and enjoying my family.

This summer, I will read books.  I'm not getting an iPad or a Kindle or signing up for Facebook or Twitter.  I'm going to try to read more books.  I'll still get online.  I like frisson as much as anyone, but I'm going to be a librarian and I want to read books.  The quest for frisson by Roger Ebert.

Doug Noon sums up some of the feelings associated with the catastrophe in the Gulf in his post, Lost Offshore Oil Rig Blues.

Oh, and for Critical Thinking Sunday, here are some local events to consider: Two notable skeptics appearing in Atlanta in June.

Have a great week and an excellent summer.