Pages

July 7, 2011

Got my computer back

Half-fixed anyway.  The double quotation key stopped working a while ago, but like I would drive to an Apple store just for that.  But then the camera crapped out and my parents love to video chat with my daughter so I made the drive Saturday and just got my machine back today (earlier than they said, so that's something I guess).  The camera now works but the double quotation key doesn't.  So that's why I'll still be quoting like a British person for a bit longer. 'Hallo, guvnor!'

In the meanwhile I finished The Greatest Show On Earth by Richard Dawkins which was pretty great and Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman which was light but delightful.  Oh, and The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi!  That was really dark but so well done.  Wow, reading a lot, huh?  Maybe I should get outside more.

I also sent Leila some books for her cool summer project.  You should too if you have anything suitable for a boy's camp library (ages 7-17).