Pages

July 1, 2011

More on how to handle your email

I've written and ranted about email many times before, so I feel like I should share this Email Charter which is being promoted by TED as one of their 'ideas worth sharing.'  I like the main thrust about saving all of our time.

One thing that would help out a lot is keeping this flow chart in mind:


Now I'm not saying don't send your friends and family funny crap that you find online.  I do that too.  But not mass emails to everyone on your list, particularly if that's how you got it.  They've probably seen those things before and if not, don't especially want forwarded stuff anyway.  Send it to certain people sure, but not everyone.  Sheesh.  If you you feel that everyone would like it, post it on Facebook or Reddit or do what I do and share it only with those unlucky few that stumble across my blog.