Pages

August 13, 2012

Lifehacker: Myths

I don't subscribe to Lifehacker, but I do like it a lot.  It's just more tech-oriented than I am but I often run across great articles from them about productivity ideas and online help.  They also do their fair share of scientific mythbusting!  I just came across this great consumer protection post, "Stop Wasting Money on Sonic Bug Repellents: They Don't Work."

They are better at tagging their articles than I am (one of the many reasons they make money and I don't), and I clicked on the tag "Myths."  Wowza, they have some great stuff!  They even had a great general skeptical post called "How to Determine If A Controversial Statement Is Scientifically True" which references a couple of the better professional skeptics.

So I am adding Lifehaker/Myths to my recommended Links page (found at the top of the blog here). Some great things there, and well worth your time as a teacher, librarian, parent or just General Person Who Needs Good Information.