Pages

October 6, 2012

Some Good Kindle Sale Books This Month

Me and my stupid reasonableness. I waited for the reviews to come in before ordering the new Kindle Paperwhite.  Needless to say, the reviews are, um, glowing (sorry).  So I ordered it and a new cover last week.  I got an email about it being shipped and was disappointed to find out later that only the cover had been shipped.  Not the actual device.  And I've already gone and given my Kindle keyboard to my daughter.  So now I have to read my book club book on my iPhone and wait another 2-3 weeks for my new toy.  First world problems, I know.  In the mean time, I've been shopping their sale books.  Here's a list of some good ones that caught my eye today.  Remember, anything you buy from Amazon after clicking through my site nets me a few cents which I will be donating to my school library.  So it's for a good cause, people!

Kids Books:

Guys Read: Funny Business edited by Jon Scieszka $1.99

A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban $2.99

and today only (10/6) a bunch of Mary Downing Hahn books are only $1.99!

SF/Fantasy:

American Gods by Neil Gaiman $3.99
This 10th Anniversary edition has audiobook extras if you check it out on your phone or tablet or whatever.

Mysteries & Thrillers:

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill $1.99

The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie $1.99

Nonfiction:

Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher $2.99

Fiction:

The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt $2.99
This is the one I'm most excited by.