November 10, 2008

Comments! It's All About Comments!

So after reading this, I thought, sure why not? How hard can it be?  Harder than I thought, mostly on the weekends ironically enough.  This past weekend I was in grad school class all day Saturday, then busy playing with my daughter and doing stuff around the house so My Lovely Bride could get caught up for parent conference week (yes it can be good having two teachers in the house, but it can be a challenge when things like conference week over lap).

But I've done it--a minimum of five comments a day.  Some long, yesterday's mostly short.  A couple even longer than my typical postings.

I've noticed a bump in comments around here as well and have even added a few new blogs to my reader because of them, so I think the plan is working.  Thanks!


Whew.

Five days down and sixteen more to go.  I'll either have a new habit or be so sick of sign-ins and those sucky "word verification" forms that you'll never hear from me again.

So far it's leaning towards habit, so there's hope...

13 comments:

Christine said...

I'm with you on getting fed up with the word verifications, but they're also kind of beginning to look like found poetry to me.

Teacherninja said...

Found poetry word verifications--brilliant! Right now I'm busy keeping up with posting and making sure I get my five. Been keeping an index card next to the computer for this. Maybe later I'll try to write down fun verification stuff.

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I hate word verifications. Ugh. Half the time I can't even read them. Looks like you are commenting on some great blogs. I've been enjoying this challenge.

ms-teacher said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I read a lot of blogs every day, but am bad about leaving comments :)

Mary Lee said...

I meant to say earlier -- I like the new blog look!

And speaking of comments, did you choose to have your comments embedded, or did Blogger choose it for you? (that happened to Megan at Read, Read, Read) If you chose it, no offense, but I find it really clunky. Obviously, it's a barrier I can get over...but I have learned to copy my comment because invariably it takes more than one try to get it to post.

Teacherninja said...

I just tried it this afternoon, Mary Lee, and will abandon on the spot! Thanks for the warning...

Mindy said...

Wow, you're doing better than I am. But I took a spontaneous vacation to visit family, which makes it much harder to keep up with all the kidlit blogs I read than usual.... I'm trying though! :)

JenFW said...

I, too, have added some new blogs to my aggregator. I hope MR and Lee will make this an annual event so we're motivated to get out and have a look around. Sure, I could do it on my own, but where's the fun in that? Or the prizes?

Fuse #8 said...

And now I've commented back. And the circle of life continues.

MotherReader said...

I've always found that the when I'm in the commenting zone, that it becomes pretty easy to leave comments. Then I'll fall off the wagon for a while and it's hard to get back into the flow. I'm glad that this challenge is getting you to discover new blogs. Me too!

Lee Wind said...

Hey, sounds like you're doing great! And what a fun list of blogs you've commented on - that took an extra step to document and provide links - but it's awesome, as now we all get to go see where you commented, and visit all those other cool blogs...

gosh, it IS working, isn't it?

Namaste, and keep commenting!

Lee

Esme Raji Codell said...

Teacherninja, you rock! Thanks for all your great posts. I really enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?