January 13, 2009

Jenny McCarthy's Body Count

I mean I knew she was nuts with the whole anti-vaccination thing, but had you heard of this loopy "Indigo Moms" stuff.  It's way way out there.  Here's a link, if you're not afraid to lose some brain cells.  Crystal healing?  Anti-vaccination?  Sounds like a good way to end up with some dead children.

Of course there have been more measles outbreaks because of these people.  They really are starting to get a body count.  For an interesting listen, check out the This America Life podcast called "Ruining It for the Rest of Us" in which they discuss the effect these anti-vaxxer's have on all of us.  It's crazy, but it's deadly crazy.

4 comments:

Doret said...

I am surprised McCarthy doesn't have a picture book deal. We should start taking bets.

Kim Kasch said...

The anti-vac thing has been around for a loooong time. I remember hearing warnings about the mercury or something and autistic kids. I never looked into it too much though. My kids all had their shots, heck, even my dogs and cats had their shots.

Kathy said...

the show Private Practice had a story line last week about people not vaccinating their kids - and a kid got measels and died - I wonder what kind of backlash the show got?

we had one family at my old school that did not vaccinate - their kids got chicken pox and then the teacher got shingles!

Teacherninja said...

Thanks, guys.

Doret: Nooooo!

Kim: About ten years of this nonsense! Thanks.

Kathy: Sounds good. Hope there wasn't a backlash from this vocal minority. But if so, they're in good company. Thanks.