Pages

January 5, 2009

Twitterpated

I'm not sure about this new-fangled Twitter business.  I signed up for an account sometime last year but found it about as interesting as following a chat room (not very) and rarely "tweeted." Then the other day I found an old friend there and pared down my "following" list and set up my cell phone in case I ever got the urge to tweet.  I sent out a few practice tweets and all seemed well. I go out Saturday and forget the whole thing.

I get weird direct messages from people.  They make no sense and the links are bad.  The I get a handful of direct responses that make no sense from people claiming I been sending them bad or weird links.

Smells like phishing to me.

So far: not impressed with the Twitter.

If you've gotten any direct contacts from "teacherninja" in the last 24 hours or so you can ignore them--wasn't me.  I'd apologize to folks on Twitter, but I'm at school now and it's blocked in our district (and my cell doesn't get service in our fortress-like building).

Someone convince me that this thing is worth it, because so far I'm not getting it.