Pages

August 18, 2009

Tedd Arnold

My daughter has graduated to reading easy reading chapter books to anyone who will listen.

Her favorite subject matter is anything by Tedd Arnold, especially the Fly Guy books. They are fun, funny, gross and delightful. They're predictable, but not to "easy-readerish" if you know what I mean.

I don't know when it happened. Not long ago she was trying so hard to sound out some words in a picture book we were reading, and now she has no trouble with it. Then, she found a Fly Guy book on her own and read the whole thing, no problem. She owns a couple and I've gotten the rest from the library. There are still words she needs help with, but then there are still words I need help with in my reading too, so it's all good.

So thank you, Tedd Arnold, for Wilma and Parts and Fly Guy and all your wonderful boggly-eyed kids and creatures. While she's enjoying these, I want to kick back soon with your more "serious" book, Rat Life. It sounds great.