December 11, 2009

Dear Diary...

From my six-year-old daughter's notebook (no, it's not a secret one):

"Dear Diury wi cant we got out to eat evryday."

Love that kid! A girl after my own heart.


Oh, and an update on the phantom fire alarm puller: whoever it was, they did it again yesterday (during lunches) and was finally caught. The administration has wisely kept his/her identity a secret due to some very angry people that may cause the unthinking weasel serious physical harm. A few parents nearly lost their jobs being late to work. Middle school kids on the route after ours got home as late as 6pm to frantic parents. I know it won't stay a secret forever, but until blood pressures lower, keeping mum is a good move.

Let's just say I'm sure glad it's Friday. Have a great weekend. Looks like I'll be going out for at least one meal...

5 comments:

Victoria said...

I'm wondering about what is going around in first grade. I know H's class is next to my daughter's class. While I was folding clothes Eve asked why we don't go out to eat more. Hmmm...me thinks there is something monetarily subversive going on at C.C.E.

klonghall said...

(I guess I should come out of hiding as a longtime lurker on your blog. I found the blog sometime when you posted something that caught my attention on Mo Willems' blog or Betsy Bird's, not sure which. Small world, when I realized that you are married to my son's 4th grade teacher...)

Anyway, I am currently taking requests for a gift for said 4th grade teacher. Maybe I should ask H. She could give me restaurant suggestions, and I could make her dreams come true, at least for this month! The parents have been quite generous, and I really am looking for good ideas.

Teacherninja said...

Victoria, Wow, the elementary school is subversive? Cool!

klonghall, Welcome! I've been linked on Mo's and Betsy's so it could have been either one. Small world indeed. Looks like I have more of my wife's parents reading this blog than anyone at my own school! I'll email you some ideas. Thanks for commenting.

Michael Taylor said...

That's really a tough call. I understand the idea of waiting a litle bit. But I don't like the idea of insulating people from the consequences of their actions too much.

Teacherninja said...

Michael, I agree but I do trust my administration to make sure there are proper consequences. There's a fine line between privacy and insulation and I think erring on the side of privacy is best when irrational anger is involved. Remember the guy who shut down the ATL airport a few years ago by acting like a goofball? He deserved serious consequences, but not his address published and all the death threats. Thanks!