March 16, 2010

right distal radius fracture



broke my right wrist, so probably less blogging and definitely no friggin shift key since i'm not loving this left-handed thing. good thing there's a caps lock when i want to really whine...

I STILL HAVE GRAD WORK TO DO! A RESEARCH PAPER, AN INTERNSHIP TO WRITE UP, A GROUP PROJECT TO FINISH! NOT TO MENTION TEACHING!

yea, caps lock. that felt nice. i only went to school this morning to tie up some loose ends. when any kids asked what happened i told them i lost an arm-wrestling match to their teacher so they better shape up. don't think they believed me, but it was fun.

my lovely bride is offering to type up all my work, but a hilarious friend of hers had this to say: "I strongly object to you typing Jim’s grad work. It’s too 1950s/60s dutiful wife helping husband through grad/law school. Think Bob Dole’s 1st wife. Just say noooooooo! For the sake of your status as a modern woman, Jim must learn to type with his toes."

so now i have that to look forward to...

signed,
lefty

11 comments:

Kathy said...

OH NO - how did you do that?? Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jim said...

fell coming down a steep incline and tried to brace for impact with a brick wall. not pretty.

thanks,
jim

Victoria said...

Sorry to hear about the injury. Maybe you could hire one of H's American Girl dolls for the typing. Does she have one that comes before the Reagan administration?

Jim said...

victoria,

thanks. so far i seem to be doing ok with just the left hand so far. except for the shift key...

Jennifer said...

Jim, I am SO SORRY! This is terrible timing. Good luck!

Jennifer Lewis

Jim said...

Jennifer,

Hey! Yes. Yes, it is. But my girls are being awesome and helping me out. I'm not sure how teaching will work exactly, but I'll figure it out. (see, I'm even figuring out the shift key thing.)

Thank you,
jim

klonghall said...

I say take whatever help you can get! If a wife offers to help that's totally different from a husband "expecting" or worse still, "demanding" that she help. One of the great parts of marriage is working together as a team. If she broke her wrist, wouldn't you volunteer to type for her? 'Hope you heal quickly!

And, I know that hill. I'll be more careful next time I climb up or down it.

Jen Robinson said...

So sorry, Jim! Good luck managing it. I hope you'll take it as easy as you can.

Jim said...

klonghall,
don't worry. that's all a joke. we would happily do anything for each other.

jen,
thanks! i'm definitely learning my limits here!

Ms. Yingling said...

It's only a throw back to the 60s if an actual typewriter is involved. You seem pretty enlightened. Hope you feel better soon.

If you run out of things to blog, here's a topic for you: I'm trying to put together a list of bloggers who concentrate on books for middle school boys. Do any of your readers know of any? Please comment on my blog if you do. Thanks!

Michael Taylor said...

or you could get yourself one of these:
http://www.onehandedkeyboard.com/maltron.html