January 16, 2011

Video Sunday

I know this is Ms. Bird's schtick, but I just wanted to make sure these got out as well and I rarely have this many good ones to share all at once!

Oooh, numbers can be pretty. I need to share this with our Math Coach:



This isn't an official NASA video, just something from a great fan:



A Wrinkle in Time in 90 seconds? It's been a while since I read it and this is about all I could remember from the plot anyway. Hilarious. I hope we see more of this kind of thing soon:


"A Wrinkle In Time" In 90 Seconds from James Kennedy on Vimeo.

I have no defense for this last one, but it weirdly makes sense...



Have a great extended weekend!

8 comments:

melanie said...

Two beautiful videos and two hilarious ones--thanks for sharing them! The Calvin and Hobbes Fight Club is so clever. Funny how so many scenes from that comic fit so perfectly into this trailer.

Speaking of Ms. Bird, the first video reminds me of a book she reviewed: Growing Patterns by Sarah C. Campbell. It's here:
http://blog.schoollibraryjournal.com/afuse8production/2010/09/04/review-of-the-day-growing-patterns-by-sarah-c-campbell/

Katie said...

Thanks for commenting to my Bud, Not Buddy review. I love your blog name!

Deb said...

Thanks for the vids! I especially love the one for Wrinkle in Time. Can't wait to show my book kids...well, I have to because it is not until Thursday, BUT...I can't wait.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kelly said...

I love the idea of the Newbery Award vids!
I haven't read A Wrinkle in Time in so long and after watching this I have to again soon!

Beth said...

Thanks for the beautiful vids; I'll be sharing the math one with my math-a-holic son. It would be nice if the kids tried for a Newbery video too.

Madigan McGillicuddy said...

That Calvin and Hobbes Fight Club is so hilarious. Too bad Bill Watterson would disapprove.

I'm excited to see what other 90-second Newberry's will emerge.

Jim Randolph said...

M.M.

Watterson will get over it. I, too, look forward to more 90-second vids. The Graveyard Book will be a doozie for sure!

Kate Coombs said...

As if there could be too many cool videos! Thanks especially for the math one.