June 24, 2011

So we just got back from Maine


Ice Cream!


Miss Rumphius was here!
It was great fun, with a side trip to Canada.  I've recently finished some reading.  Both for myself and with the little one.  Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey, How to Twist a Dragon's Tale by Cressia Cowell, The Island at the Center of the World by Russell Shorto, The End of Eternity by Isaac Asimov and we've been reading Penderwicks books with her so we can all enjoy the third one together.

Hope your summer is going well!

3 comments:

C.B. James said...

We spent a week in Maine a couple of years ago and loved it. I even subscribed to Down East magazine for a couple of years afterwards just to look at all the beautiful pictures and the wonderful properties for sale in the back pages.

Then I realized that the magazine never showed pictures of winter.

We want to go to Nova Scotia next.

Jenny said...

I was wondering what you were up to. I love that your post completely focused on travel and books - two of my favorite things.

I spent two summers in Camden, Maine in college (studying harp) and loved the place. Like C.B James I mentioned, winters were the part that seemed iffy to me.

Jim Randolph said...

C.B.,

We spent our honeymoon there a hundred odd years ago and our daughter has been asking about it, so we thought the time was right to go back.

But, yeah, I've had my fill of northern winters already.

Enjoy Nova Scotia!

Jenny,

Sorry to keep you wondering. I haven't really felt like blogging much. Nothing new to say.

I've never been much of a traveller, but it was fun and now that our little one is old enough to be into it maybe we'll do it more often. And of course, always with the reading...

Thanks!
Jim